Friday, July 16, 2010

When the FB status turns into a novel...I know it's blogging time..

When my Facebook status turns into a novel about my day I figured it would be deemed appropriate to just blog about it.

I went thrifting (again, I know) with Kels today and after trying on every overall in the place, we decided to go without the overall look for BreakAway. I mean, I didn’t exactly want to wear them, but we felt that the “Final Frontier” required overalls. We found an awesome pair of overalls from the 70’s that actually looked really good on Kels, it had less of a “Bill the Plumber” look and more of a “I’m about to disco” look. Either way we ditched the idea and decided on the collared plaid shirts and bandanas. Kels got some really cute boots…I found them. Actually all of the cute clothes I found, were Kels’s size. I stopped pulling clothes off the rack and saying they were cute after a while… haha

I caught up with an old friend today, it’s crazy the amount of change that can happen in a year. She has a husband and baby, and moved to a new neighborhood, works full time.... and I am moving soon, excited about school, and that’s where we met…school. She is the only other person that will ever be able to relate to being Vice President of Student Government (she preceded me). We talked about all the good times and hard time of the job and her baby interjected some “hi's” and “buhbye's” where he felt they should go in our conversation...such a little cutie! He is turning 1 soon! CRAZY STUFF. Loved every minute of it. :)

BreakAway rehearsals always make me smile, but I talk so loud I end up with a headache. I’m loud in general, but I feel the need to project as soon as I step onto a stage…making me twice as loud…all my head says afterwards is “advil”. Haha I get to play the kid sister. The obnoxious, loud, goofy… little sister. It’s nice playing a part like that for a change, I’m usually playing the villain, the villains side-kick or something of that nature. All I know is, we are going to change lives, that is truly the most amazing part of it, I get to be a small part of the bigger, grander plan.

This is the first summer I have had, that I truly want to be over. I want to go to school so badly. Weird? I know, but I have always been that kid in school with the binders, that match. School shopping is my favorite…it’s like a candy store to me. All the fresh new pencils, new pads of paper, new highlighters!! Awe man, I could go on and on… but really, the idea of living with/or in close proximity to my best friend, being an intern in my favorite ministry, and majoring in something I am actually excited about…makes this summer feel WAY too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment